|Manufacturer ID||77 52 8 504 072|
|Area of application||Universal|
|Material||Black plastic housing: robust, IPX7 waterproof, fuel resistant, vibration resistant | Integrated lithium-ion battery, replaceable|
|Approval||ECE validated, Not subject to registration|
|Delivery contents||1 Set|
|Delivery comment||Version WITH Mount Cradle|
Navigator VI 2021 BMW
With the Navigator VI, it's not just touring fans who get their money's worth. The system makes route planning child's play and offers numerous additional functions that turn every tour into an experience. The five-inch touchscreen is waterproof, is easy to read even in direct sunlight and ensures the necessary overview.
- Intuitive user interface allows smooth handling of route planning, Bluetooth pairing and many other functions
- Robust and waterproof device according to IPX7 standard, designed for motorcycle-typical loads such as vibrati-on and weather influences
- Five-inch touchscreen with excellent readability even in difficult lighting conditions
- Optimized route planning and guidance
- Numerous route options that can be combined with each other, e.g. "avoid federal highways" or "roads with many curves
- Weather and traffic jam information as well as music streaming via smartphone
- Control via multi-controller on the handlebar
- Planning of demanding tours with the free software BaseCamp comfortably from the computer possible
- 5-inch touch display with a resolution of 800×480 pixels
- Simple and quick mounting of the Navigator VI for vehicles without SA 272 navigation preparation due to Mount Cradle
- Display with improved contrast for optimal readability even in direct sunlight due to circular polarization filter (CPOL)
- Display type: TFT color touch screen, 65000 colors, backlight, easy to read even in direct sunlight, automatic day/night mode
- Integrated lithium-ion battery, replaceable
- With high-sensitivity GPS/GLONASS receiver
PC interface and charging
- PC interface: Micro USB port (version 2.0, Hi-Speed), Micro USB connection cable included in delivery
- Battery life: Up to 4 hours without power supply, depending on usage and settings
- Battery charging: Via motorcycle on-board power supply (while driving), via computer using micro USB connection cable (included), via optionally available charger, via optionally available car mounting kit (with connection to cigarette lighter)
- Charging time: up to 4 hours, depending on power source
- Free lifetime map updates (for devices with pre-installed map data)
- The Navigator VI is offered with pre-installed ECE map data of the following region. Europe: Mostly complete coverage (except Moldova, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Montenegro, Albania, Belarus and Ukraine; here only main roads and most urban areas).
- The Navigator is also available without pre-installed map data.
- Additional map material from Garmin: For the BMW Motorrad Navigator VI, you can generally use the map material that is also offered by Garmin on microSD card.
- Detailed information on available maps as well as map coverage (partly with interactive map) at http://garmin.com
- Route planning and guidance, navigation announcements:
- Free route planning software BaseCamp:
- Download at Garmin.com/basecamp
- Comfortable creation of routes, waypoints and tracks on the computer
- Note: Some routing options (e.g. "Curvy Roads", "Avoid Federal Roads") are only available with the navigator and not on the computer.
- Advanced route planning and guidance: New trip technology with via and shaping points allows the creation of longer and more detailed motorcycle trips. Shaping points are used to define the route without being announced as a waypoint during navigation.
- Many routing options selectable and combinable: "Curvy roads", "Avoid highways" and/or "National roads", "Round trip", etc.
- Routing option "Curvy Roads" with avoidance of urban areas if possible
- Unique feature with unique selling point: avoidance of major federal roads possible
- Allows automatic avoidance of federal highways during route and route recalculation. In combination with the avoidance of highways, even better roads suitable for motorcycling are selected.
- Round trip: Allows to create a route with identical start and destination with a given duration.
- Skip: Skips the next waypoint of the active route (Only selectable when a route is active and the next waypoint is not the destination)
- Compatible with Custom Maps:
- Creation of custom map data based on paper and electronic maps, which can then be loaded onto the navi-gation system.
- Exact georeferencing (e.g. using Google Earth) and optimal display on the navigation system
- Large compass display for off-road navigation
- TTS navigation announcements (text to speech) with naming of places and street names
- TTS navigation announcements partly with Natural Guidance:
- Directions with exact description of the surroundings, using landmarks such as traffic lights, traffic signs, bridges and buildings.
- Announcements such as "turn left in 100 meters" are replaced by "turn left before the yellow church" (not available in all languages, not for all countries).
- The Navigator VI can also be used in a car with the separately and optionally available car mounting kit.
- A detailed user manual is installed on the device.
- Optional smartphone link with real-time traffic jam information, current weather report and more (known from Navigator V, see Navigator V product information for detailed description).
- 16 GB (for devices with pre-installed Europe map data 77 52 8 504 067, 77 52 8 504 072 or vo-installed North America map data=local part).
- 4 GB (for World Unit 77 52 8 504 070 - without pre-installed map data)
- Wireless data exchange (e.g. routes, tracks, waypoints) via Bluetooth between 2 navigators:
- Between Navigator VI and Navigator VI: without restriction
- Between Navigator V and Navigator VI: with restriction - when transferring the route, the route is recalculated. The calculation algorithms of the routing options differ between Navigator V and Navigator VI (except "shortest time" and "shortest distance"), due to this the calculated route may differ significantly from the originally transferred route.
- Music streaming from smartphone:
- Allows listening to the music stored on the smartphone through the Navigator VI.
- Music playback from the smartphone is started or stopped via the Navigator VI
- Playback of music tracks takes place in the order from the smartphone for Android smartphones, for iOS smartphones additional playlists can be called up
- Control of a compatible actioncam directly via the navigator
- Connection with communication systems (Handsfree-/Headset-/A2DP-/AVRCP-/SPP-Profile) as well as connection with phones via Bluetooth is possible
- Note: To ensure optimal performance of the device, it is recommended to register the Navigator at www.garmin.com and to check there regularly for software updates.